Our client, a company heavily geared towards Values and Vision, is searching for an experienced Quality Engineer.
The successful engineer will lead and manage in the advance quality control activities in coordination with the Launch Engineer and interfaces with site customer quality engineering, product engineering and manufacturing staff in order to develop and execute the QC system for new product launches.
Position Job Description
- Participates, as required, in the development of quote proposals for new business opportunities.
- Develops gauging strategies to support quoting requirements.
- Develops gauging vendors to support the company’s quality standards and operational needs.
- Leads the launch team in the creation of PFMEA’s, Control Plans and other quality documentation for new product launches.
- Creates all documentation to follow one company standard.
- Assists engineering in the measurement and establishment of process capability studies for product trials, vendor machine runoffs and component supplier manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates capability studies, assists in the set-up/planning of process trials, assists in analyzing data and validates conclusions.
- Maintains a standard indentification process of RPN’s for the company.
- All other duties as required.
Main Position Requirements
- BS Degree in Engineering or a similar, related discipline.
- Assists in developing, documenting and implementing IATF 16949 quality systems as needed.
- Assist with IATF 16949 internal audits and follow-up actions as needed.
- Reviews customer inputs: significant/critical characteristics, DFMEA, Warranty/Durability targets.
- Communicates, coordinates and cooperates with all levels of management, team members, suppliers and customers on QA issues.
- Maintains knowledge of inspection tools and the gauge calibrations, including providing assistance with the maintenance of Gauge R & R/capability studies.
- Leads groups and teams to accomplish tasks/provide training.
- Provides leadership and guidance in the development of new gauging strategies.
- Teaches/instructs new QA plans and gauging instructions to the operations and site QA employees.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://management-recruiters-of-lancaster.jobs.mrinetwork.com/GXsUCx/quality-engineer-manufacturing-production-columbia-missouri-united-states?directToApply=true →